If there’s one thing I’ve learned the last eleven years since retiring from 3M, it’s that many consumers recognize their logo and assume their window film matches their brand reputation.
This is the “perception” challenge we must overcome despite the reality of 3M’s weakness in their window film solutions.
A feature-benefit-performance characteristics comparison (documented rather than hyped) weigh overwhelmingly in favor of the coatings Advanced Film Solutions represents.
Here is a sampling of indisputable FACTS that quantify the superiority of the solutions we represent.
There are many fine manufacturers of window film products but the unquestioned global leader is Eastman Chemicals.
In many product categories of the diverse Eastman portfolio our competition 3M Window Film offers no alternative product solution.
For example- – –
- Bronze films in multiple light transmissions and interior and exterior reflectivity.
Heck we have blue films, green films and gold films; but why brag?
- Dual reflective films: Here again the comparisons between 3M and Eastman are almost unfair. Our Eastman portfolio includes the dynamic Vista Film dual reflective films ranging from the 14% Ultimate, the 18% Celeste, 28% Luminance and 38% Mirage. We also have lighter dual reflective films in a 48% and 58%.
- Our LLumar DR series also ranges from a darker 15% to the 25, 35, and 45% light transmissions. 3M?They have a NV 15, 25 and 35 (I introduced this back in 2000!) and 3M re-boxes a 15% and 25% from another company under the Affinity name.
Our Vista and LLumar clear adhesives compared to the 3M pressure sensitive adhesives are far superior in terms of clarity and durability. The re-boxed Affinity has the outside company’s adhesive which is a lesser quality version of the LLumar adhesive.
Small wonder that interior designers choose Vista.
Choices equate to meeting exactly the requirements of our clients rather than the other way around!
- Non reflective residential and commercial films in escalating light transmissions starting at a 5%. (See LLumar DL Series)
These films are ideal for privacy particularly when a reflective film is prohibited. 3M dealers may attempt to offer a car tinting substitute since they have no solution for this requirement.
- One-Way Vision Films ideal for maximum privacy and heat rejection.
- Solar security safety shatter films in a Silver 20, Neutral 20, 40 and 50 along with dual reflective shatter solar films in various light transmissions.
3M discontinued their Silver 20 security film as well as their 50% neutral film.
Ceramic non metallic non-dyed Huper Optik patented and available in light transmissions ranging from 20-70%
(3M has contracted with an outside coating company that supplies a single layer ceramic film for many companies. That ceramic film is only available in a 5 foot width and does not have the heat rejecting performance of the patented Huper films) It is also more reflective than the patented Huper Optik films.
Let’s now compare clear solar films that block IR and UV without altering the appearance of the glass.
Our Eastman portfolio includes Vista Spectra select, Terre films and the dymanic Huper Optik Sech Drei series.
Huper Optik has zero dye in their film (unlike 3M!) and its durability and scratch resistance easily out-perform the 3M film.
The optical clarity of our Vista and Huper clear films easily surpasses the 3M prestige film a fact that is self evident in any direct side-by-side comparison!
Our warranties on Vista Films are transferable and our glass breakage warranty standard as well as optional exceed the 3M protection in scope and value of replacement.
The point is made and further it’s being made by a veteran of 33 years at 3M and once upon a time having been the National Sales manager of 3M Window Film.
Call Advanced Film Solutions today.
Toll free: 877-575-3456
Offices Tampa Bay-Orlando