Here is a direct comparison between Advanced Film Solutions’ portfolio of security glazing films compared to an easily over matched 3M security film.
3M dealers will position brand awareness, and history of the 3M window film business.
They may additionally present that they have completed a number of installations at schools (implying a higher level of experience.)
They have positioned their security film post Newtown massacre as an effective solution narrowing their focus to two security films a 6 ML thick Ultra 600 and a re-packaged film, the SH14. Most recently they introduced a standard 8 ML clear non ultra film that has less impact strength than SunTek, Hanita, LLumar, Armorcoat or Madico!
3M packages a silicone wet seal system they call IPD which offers no additional strength, adhesion or efficacy compared to Dow 995 which is the industry standard.
3M has a limited portfolio of security choices beyond the two selections they advocate for schools.
There are many instances where a solar version of a security film might offset utility costs by blocking heat gain and certainly there are numerous conditions which would be resolved with a privacy film that also provides the security benefit.
There are objective standards that rate the effectiveness of security films installed on various glass systems under a host of impact, blast and cycling tests.
The primary standards are: GSA. Department of Defense, ANSI, Factory Mutual, ASTM Testing, UL Testing.
It should be noted that Eastman Chemical Llumar & Vista, Madico, Saint-Gobain Armorcoat, Hanita, SunTek and Johnson meet or exceed the 3M film in each of these test categories.
- Eastman Chemical: LLumar and Vista solar security films:
- Saint-Gobain Armorcoat Film
- Madico Safety Film
- SunTek Security Film
- Hanita Safety Zone Film
In terms of solar security combination films that lower heat gain and provides privacy:
- Silver security films that block 79% of the heat (LLumar, Madico, SunTek, Armorcoat, Hanita)
- Neutral security films in a 20, 35, 40, 50 VLT (LLumar, Madico, Hanita, Armorcoat)
Neutral 20 – 8ML
- Dual reflective security films in a 28, 38 VLT (Vista, SunTek)
- Nano-ceramic Security films in a 40, 50, 70% VLT (Huper Optik, SunTek)
- Clear available in 2, 4, 6, 8, 11, 14, 16 + thickness and a host of 4, 8, 7, exterior clear films. (LLumar, Armorcoat, Madico, Johnson, Hanita, SunTek)
Advanced Film Solutions trained installers have completed thousands of projects throughout the state of Florida and across the USA.
Our team has earned the Super Service Award from Angie’s List for the last 8 years in a row. We are fully insured and have earned an accredited A Rating with the Better Business Bureau.