Thanks to the power of the Internet, consumers have incredibly detailed resources to conduct research on nearly any product or solution.
Let’s assume that you recognize that window film is the right solution for glare, heat, uncomfortable rooms, rising electric costs and fading.
There are scores of choices and companies who are all vying for your business.
You may be familiar with certain brands and that’s understandable. After all you have heard of Scotch Tape and 3M Post-It Notes; so that 3M logo might be tempting.
As an independent window film solutions provider Advanced Film Solutions established a differentiation strategy that allows our clients to find the perfect film for their specific requirements.
Our background (33 years at 3M) and more recently the last seven years as Florida’s fastest growing residential and commercial window film installation company is unmatched in Tampa Bay and the Orlando region.
Our commitment to detail and superior customer service has been recognized by Angie’s List Super Service Award Winner for 2011, 2012 ,2013 and 2014!
- Is there a difference in the optical clarity of one film versus another?
There are differences in optical clarity between the various window film brands. Advanced Film Solutions recommends VISTA, EnerLogic, LLumar and Huper Optik Films that offer pristine clarity and unmatched durability.
When in doubt; we recommend that you compare the actual window film being proposed in a side-by-side comparison. Advanced Film Solutions has never lost this “see for yourself” comparison.
- How about reflectivity?Most manufacturers produce reflective, dual reflective and non reflective window films to meet a variety of consumer requirements.Reflective metallic films are very effective in keeping the heat from entering your home.Advanced Film Solutions recommends our Vista dual reflectives based on the heat rejection, durability and optical clarity that are mandatory for Interior Designers.
Huper Optik is available in a wide range of light transmissions and all are less reflective than glass.
Huper Optik Films qualify for TECO rebates whereas the Prestige 3M Film does not reject enough heat to qualify for these substantial rebates.
- We have seen 3M Prestige at Home Depot and their sales people claim that this film works better at an angle (like when the Sun is at 3 PM or 9 AM) they also claimed that their film blocks more heat than silver reflective films or very dark films. Is this accurate?
The short answer is an emphatic – NO!
All window films and glass itself appear to work better when the heat source is at an angle to the glass. This is not unique to 3M Prestige Film or frankly any window film.
- But we saw a heat lamp demo and we could actually feel a dramatic reduction in heat with a clear Prestige Film? Seeing is believing! How could such a great demo be inaccurate or misleading?
- The trick is fairly easy to explain. The french fry lamp blasts IR heat in a narrow wavelength.The Prestige film blocks IR wavelengths in this bandwidth. The BTU meter is configured to measure IR heat in that specific wavelength. In other words it’s a snake oil trick.
- Are there window films that can keep the heat in during the winter while keeping the heat out during the summer.
Advanced Film Solutions has augmented our solutions portfolio with the revolutionary EnerLogic Low E Window Film Series.
These films block 76% of the heat during the summer and they act as a heat mirror in the winter by preventing 93% of the heat from escaping through your glass.Our 3M competition has a limited 5 year warranty on a low e film that has only 1/3 the emissivity capabilities as EnerLogic with a lifetime warranty. While Enerlogic keeps 93% of the heat inside, their obsolete film lets 60% of the heat escape through your windows!
There are important differences between the various window film solutions available.
Advanced Film Solutions consultants can explain the differences and customize the perfect solution for your home.
We win supported by facts over perception and our clients reap the reward of a lifetime of comfort and energy cost savings.Advanced Film SolutionsTampa Bay -Orlando