Window film retrofit applications have been demonstrated to provide immediate cost savings benefits for commercial property managers throughout Florida.
The retrofit application of Advanced Film Solutions Eastman Solar Film provides a quantifiable cost reduction in Hvac operating costs as well as productivity gains in employee performance.
Today’s durable coatings filter 99.9% of the UV rays from entering office windows.
This reduces fading of interior accessories and wood floors and paintings.
There are also health benefits considering skin cancer issues that will also be beneficial.
- Uncontrolled daylight coming in through windows can cause glare, employee and visitor discomfort, warm temperatures, hot/cold spots, and HVAC systems to run excessively to try to keep up.
- A building’s directional orientation can create areas that receive significantly more sunlight than others. Depending on the sophistication of a facility’s HVAC system, this can create challenges for maintaining comfort.
- A major component of any building envelope is its fenestration (windows, doors, skylights, and curtainwalls). A 10% to 40 % reduction in lighting and HVAC costs can be achieved by improving the energy efficiency of fenestration of commercial buildings, according to the National Institute of Building Sciences.
- According to the U.S. Department of Energy, windows account for 10% to 25% of heating bills, and are the greatest source of heat loss or gain in any building. That’s where our Low E Films win the day!
- According to the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions, space heating, cooling, and ventilation account for the largest amount of end-use energy consumption in buildings.
- Using window film to control the sun’s heat allows staff to leave blinds and curtains open and enjoy outdoor views and exposures with controlled daylight. This can improve health and well being for patients, reduce exposure to harmful UV rays, and increase productivity for staff members.
- Window film has been proven to offer significant savings on both heating and cooling costs with metered measurement and verification of cooling and heating savings. Studies have shown that window film can provide a significant increase in useful daylight (and in staff satisfaction and comfort levels).
- Window film is a retrofit solution for facilities professionals who want to control solar heat gain and glare, provide UV protection, and experience year-round insulating benefits.
- No special maintenance is required for window film.
- Window film was named the most cost-effective energy-saving choice when used in retrofit commercial building projects.
- Advancements in window film have led to film options that aren’t overly dark and don’t produce an iridescent shine.
- A study of the top five energy retrofits based on ROI identified window film as one option that offers a quick return on investment.
Glare is virtually eliminated as are hot spots and the cluttered appearance your windows may present from the street view.
Energy costs savings through the summer months as well as Low E films throughout the winter months save energy costs and provide a faster ROI
Call for a free estimate toll free: 877-575-3456
Get the best with Advanced Film Solutions