Call it the battle at the kitchen window.
In home after home Advanced Film Solutions competes head-to-head against 3M Prestige Film either marketed through Home Depot or via dozens of their agents.
Advanced Film Solutions prefers to deal in facts, documented performance and industry accepted terms.
We spent 33 years at 3M and at one point I was the National Sales Manager of 3M Window Films. We understand how the 3M prestige films work arguably better than local 3M resellers.
Why homeowners are considering these films?
If you live in a deed restricted neighborhood or simply dislike the way a reflective film alters the appearance of your home; you’ll be a prime candidate for Huper Optik Film (or prestige)
- There are no dyes in our Huper Optik Film. There are dyes in the 3M prestige films. Dyes fade or degrade over time. The light transmission is therefore less stable.
- Huper Optik Film has a much durable scratch coating. The 3M prestige film scratches easily and the color can be removed from the film.
- The optical clarity of the Huper Optik film is superior. This may seem subjective but a direct side-by-side comparison clearly demonstrates the superior clarity of Huper Optik compared to prestige. It’s not even close!
- Solar absorption: I only mention this topic because a recent client indicated that the 3M rep claimed Huper Optik would break the windows; or at the very least would make the room hotter than prestige. This may sound valid but as usual it’s utter nonsense. Both films have solar absorption that should be taken into consideration particularly on insulated glass units. Ceramic films dissipate the heat across the glass surface which is why we can offer darker ceramic choices for your home.
- Heat rejection on angle: There is no advantage to prestige or any validity in their claims that prestige works better at angles. All films work better at angles as does glass itself!
- Prestige blocks 97% of the IR or better yet 97% of the heat.
More BS. Both Huper Optik and 3M block plus 90% of the entire IR spectrum. The 97% number is misleading because it refers to a very narrow IR bandwidth.
- There are numerous white papers written on this subject.Tech Update-NA
IWFA – IR Ratings of Window Film
Certainly pricing varies based upon the scope of work and the margins competing companies request. Our contention is that Huper Optik is the superior value based on the clarity, performance and durability of our film.