Changing The Specification to deliver true performance driven results.
Advanced Film Solutions recently competed against the 3M window film agents in the Orlando area to earn a high profile project at a local city hall annex.
The City of Altamonte Springs selected our Vista Dual Reflective Solar Security film over the thinner 3M NV weaker security film.
The client required removal of defective film that had been installed on the exterior of the windows.
They wanted this replaced with a dual functionality and dual benefit solar security window film.
The requirement initially was the 3M S25 NV film (which interestingly was my brainchild when I was the National Sales Manager at 3M back in 2000)
Changing the specification; or rather meeting and exceeding the performance characteristics, was our objective and we were fortunately able to accomplish that goal.
How we did it:
- Our Vista 28 Luminance 8 ML is thicker and stronger than the 3M thinner 5 ML film. This is easily documented thanks to the ASTM 1886 testing for impact and wind load. The Vista 8 ML met the criteria while the 3M thin film did not.
Suitable for a broad range of applications, Vista offers security films meeting numerous certifications and test standards in the United States, Europe and around the world, including: ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Cat I and II
- General Services Administration (GSA) and United Facilities Criteria (UFC)
- ASTM Large Missile Level C and Small Missile requirements
- Underwriters Laboratory UL972 Forced Entry requirements
- Factory Mutual FM Approvals 4350 Small Missile
- EN356, level P2A
- Both films easily meet the less stringent ASTM 1996 small missile testing which coincidentally can be applied to condo’s above the first floor. While every single window film manufacturer with an 8 ML film has met that standard; only 3M brags about this level of protection by having cynically acquired a Dade County product code .One can argue about the merits of bragging about buying a code compliance when Madico, LLumar, Vista, Armorcoat, have all met the exact same standard since 1998!
- In terms of heat rejection, UV filtering and dual reflective capabilities the Vista Film easily exceeds requirements.